The E-Learning Development Team engages in an ongoing programme of evaluation and research on best practices related to the use of technology-enhanced learning tools. There are 4 areas of work:
- Course evaluation & case study development
- Conference presentations & research papers
- Evaluation work on HE sector developments and upcoming trends in technology-enhanced learning
- Institutional surveys & reports
We also support lecturers in evaluating their own modules and learning activities. More information on this is available within Learning Design and Development.
Course evaluation & case study development
The E-Learning Development Team assists course instructors in the evaluation of blended and distance learning modules, through the development of detailed case studies and reports.
Conference presentations, research papers, recorded lectures and publications
The E-learning Development Team has presented papers at various e-learning conferences and has also published on approaches to the implementation of technology-enhanced learning.
Evaluation work on HE sector developments (UCISA)
The team also contributes to the work of UCISA’s Academic Support Group in researching HE sector developments on technology-enhanced learning.
Institutional surveys & reports
The Team also focuses on institutional evaluation, publishing survey results & reports on e-learning activities.
Our latest research posts
- New research article: Using technology to support ‘assessment as learning’. (4/26/2019) - Current generations of students are now arriving on campus with the expectation that their technologies will seamlessly interconnect with university services and support a flexible and personalised learning experience – […]
- What can we learn from the 2018 UCISA case studies about technology-enhanced learning developments in UK higher education? (2/1/2019) - As a follow-up to the 2018 Technology-Enhanced Learning Survey, the Universities and Colleges Information Systems Association (UCISA) has just published a companion report (2018 TEL Survey case studies), showcasing different […]
- Key findings from the 2018 UCISA TEL Survey (11/29/2018) - The ninth UCISA Survey of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) for higher education Report has been published. The Report offers a longitudinal perspective of TEL developments across the UK higher education […]
- Sharing perspectives on digital literacies and education: GLOBED 2018 (11/22/2018) - Courtesy of an invitation from the conference convenor (The International Institute of Knowledge Management) I joined delegates from higher education institutions across the Asian region in sharing practice on digital […]
- New publication: University of York research study on the impact of MOOCs (11/21/2018) - Prof. Andrew Parsons (Department of Chemistry) and Iain Barr (Centre for Lifelong Learning) from the University of York have conducted a study of a chemistry MOOC (massive open online course), […]
- 2017-18 Replay Survey Results (4/10/2018) - Building on substantial growth in the previous academic year, the Replay service has continued to evolve in terms of the quantity of material recorded, the provision of supported rooms and […]
- 2018 Durham Blackboard User Conference – Key Messages (1/29/2018) - The E-Learning Development Team attended the 18th Durham Blackboard Users Conference from 3-5 Jan 2018. The theme was ‘The Good, The Bad and The Ugly’ and many of the speakers kept this […]
- Technology-enhanced learning developments across UK higher education (2012-2016) – new UCISA research article (1/12/2018) - A new research article by UCISA’s Digital Education Group has just been published on technology enhanced learning developments across the UK higher sector. ‘The rhetoric and reality of technology-enhanced learning […]
- E-Learning Newsletter – October 2017 Edition (9/29/2017) - E-Learning Newsletter – October 2017 Edition Welcome to the October edition of our newsletter, which summarises the latest news on technology enhanced learning provision across the University. To navigate through […]
- E-Learning Newsletter – September 2017 Edition (9/7/2017) - E-Learning Newsletter – September 2017 Edition Welcome to the September edition of our newsletter, which summarises the latest news on technology enhanced learning provision across the University. To navigate through […]