The E-Learning Development Team engages in an ongoing programme of evaluation and research on best practices related to the use of technology-enhanced learning tools. There are 4 areas of work:
- Course evaluation & case study development
- Conference presentations & research papers
- Evaluation work on HE sector developments and upcoming trends in technology-enhanced learning
- Institutional surveys & reports
We also support lecturers in evaluating their own modules and learning activities. More information on this is available within Learning Design and Development.
Course evaluation & case study development
The E-Learning Development Team assists course instructors in the evaluation of blended and distance learning modules, through the development of detailed case studies and reports.
Conference presentations, research papers, recorded lectures and publications
The E-learning Development Team has presented papers at various e-learning conferences and has also published on approaches to the implementation of technology-enhanced learning.
Evaluation work on HE sector developments (UCISA)
The team also contributes to the work of UCISA’s Academic Support Group in researching HE sector developments on technology-enhanced learning.
Institutional surveys & reports
The Team also focuses on institutional evaluation, publishing survey results & reports on e-learning activities.
Our latest research posts
- Six key messages from the 2020 UCISA TEL Survey (4/26/2021) - Six key messages from the 2020 UCISA TEL Survey The tenth UCISA Survey of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) for higher education Report has been published. The 2020 Report offers a […]
- New research article: Facilitating peer-led group research through Slack – a collaborative team-based environment (3/8/2021) - The current Covid-19 situation and pivot to online teaching has brought with it many challenges for higher education institutions, not least in terms of how we support students who are […]
- New publication: Teaching, Learning and New Technologies in Higher Education (1/4/2021) - A new book on Teaching, Learning and New Technologies in Higher Education has been published by Springer, featuring a chapter on innovative instructional practices at the University of York. The […]
- Re-designing Lecture Delivery During COVID-19 – Another New Paper from the Department of Chemistry (8/17/2020) - Dr. Julia Sarju, a lecturer from the Department of Chemistry, has authored a paper for the American Chemical Society and Division of Chemical Education on her experiences of reframing her […]
- Online Student Group Work During COVID-19 – New Paper from the Department of Chemistry (8/11/2020) - Dr Glenn Hurst in the Department of Chemistry has recently published a paper in the Journal of Chemical Education as part of the special issue on ‘Insights gained while teaching […]
- User Research workshops (1/31/2020) - Background Following gov.uk’s guidance on performing both automated and manual testing for accessibility, the PDLT decided to work with Library and Archives to run a user research workshop with disabled […]
- E-Accessibility, the Mobile VLE and Collaborate Webinars (1/29/2020) - I was recently invited along to a user research session organised by my colleague Lilian Soon, where we had the opportunity to work with a number of students with varying […]
- New research article: Using technology to support ‘assessment as learning’. (4/26/2019) - Current generations of students are now arriving on campus with the expectation that their technologies will seamlessly interconnect with university services and support a flexible and personalised learning experience – […]
- What can we learn from the 2018 UCISA case studies about technology-enhanced learning developments in UK higher education? (2/1/2019) - As a follow-up to the 2018 Technology-Enhanced Learning Survey, the Universities and Colleges Information Systems Association (UCISA) has just published a companion report (2018 TEL Survey case studies), showcasing different […]
- Key findings from the 2018 UCISA TEL Survey (11/29/2018) - The ninth UCISA Survey of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) for higher education Report has been published. The Report offers a longitudinal perspective of TEL developments across the UK higher education […]