- We tend to run numerous webinars throughout each academic year.
- Times and dates for upcoming webinars are listed in the table below, you can also follow us on Twitter for updates and reminders
- Our webinars are usually recorded (see the Webinar Archive page).
- Our team are also regularly involved with and present in the ongoing Future Teacher webinar series.
- You can view and sign up for any upcoming webinars below. Joining instructions are emailed out the day before the session to everyone Sign up for the webinar by completing the Sign Up Google Form below
- Joining instructions for our webinars are emailed out the day before the session to everyone that’s signed up.
Tuesday 19th October 1-2pm – Mentimeter for interactive polling and questioning
We recently announced that the Mentimeter institutional licence is now available for staff who would like to use it for interactive polling, questioning and voting within and between teaching sessions. You can use it to display a range of question types to your students, allow them to respond using any internet-enabled device, and access or share these responses.
This webinar provides an opportunity for staff to find out more and share experiences. It will begin with a short overview of Mentimeter, with signposts to resources and how to get started with your institutional licence. This will be followed by a presentation from Dr Gerhard Kristandl from the Department of Accounting and Finance at the University of Greenwich. As a Mentimeter ’empowered presenter’ Gerhard will provide some examples of how Mentimeter has been used at Greenwich to support innovative and engaging learning, including its application in the “pub quiz league”. There will then be a contribution from Emily Patterson (Third Year BSc Interactive Media student) and Jekaterina Mihhaljova (Master’s student in International Business and Strategic Management) who will provide an overview of recent research they carried out with University staff and students into the design and use of interactive polling for remote learning at the University. We hope that you will leave with ideas for how you can get the most out of using Mentimeter to support active learning and engagement in your own sessions.
How can I see your past webinars?
See the Webinar Archive page for access to the recordings and resources from previous webinars.
Most recently, we offered webinars in collaboration with the Academic Practice Team on aspects of designing and delivering blended learning, to complement our new “Blended Learning Design and Delivery” resource on the VLE.” These session took place throughout July 2021.
Older recordings (2016 and earlier) can be accessed on our YouTube channel.