Lunchtime webinar series
- We run a series of lunchtime webinars throughout the academic year, using Blackboard Collaborate
- The sessions usually take the format of a 20-40 minute online presentation followed by the opportunity for questions and discussion
- Times and dates for upcoming webinars are listed in the table below, you can also follow us on Twitter for updates and reminders
- Our webinars are usually recorded, including text chat. The system will also record the times you join/leave the session.
See also Future Teacher webinars.
So how do I join your webinars?
- Sign up for the webinar by completing our Google Form
- Joining instructions for our webinars are emailed out the morning before the session to everyone that’s registered their interest via the Google Form
- There are no downloads required to access the webinar if you’re joining from a PC or Mac (you just join through your web browser – use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox), but if you plan to join through a mobile device you will need to install an app in advance
- For more information please refer to our one page guides:
|Date and time||Theme|
|31 Oct, 12.15pm||
Alternatives to Lecture Capture (Online)
Replay is a powerful means of mass-producing recordings of lectures – but there may be instances where this may not be pedagogically suitable or practical.
With regards to the University’s Policy on the Recording of Lectures, and in the spirit of the University’s Inclusive Learning and Teaching Policy, this webinar will explore how staff can create alternative, equivalent resources for their students.
The webinar will firmly situate the guidance within the York context – drawing upon the core technologies that the University supports and case studies from our departments
You may register for this webinar by completing the following Google Form. (UoY Login Required)