E-portfolios allow submissions to be created over an extended period of time, utilising a range of submission formats. They are particularly useful for structured reflective assignments, placements and projects. Portfolios may be free-form, or more commonly use a template that provides a scaffold for students to complete.
The supported approach to e-portfolios is using Google Drive.
The general workflow for e-portfolio submission is:
- Create a template for the site and share it to the University within Google Sites.
- Students copy the template and create their portfolio within their own Google Site.
- Students share the site with the lecturer (non-anonymous) or assessment administrator (anonymous).
- On the deadline, the site ownership is transferred to the lecturer or assessment administrator and the students’ editing access is revoked.
- Marking and feedback commences as per departmental guidance.
Commonly used to support evidence collection that demonstrate a student’s learning and personal / professional development.