Get the app
Download the free Blackboard Mobile Learn™ mobile app to access the Yorkshare VLE on your phone or tablet:
- Install “Blackboard Mobile Learn” from your iTunes or Google Play app stores.
- Open the app and search for University of York.
- Select University of York from the list that appears. Do not select York University (that’s in Canada).
- Log in using the username and password you normally use to access Yorkshare.
What the app can do
The app is designed to allow you quick access to key content and to help you keep up-to-date with your modules.
- Announcements on your device: notification dashboard (Android and iOS) and push notifications (iOS only).
- Quick access to course content, including downloading files (additional apps may be required to open slides and PDFs).
- Mobile interface for discussion boards and blogs, including uploading files or photos to your group.
- Opportunity for staff to create mobile-friendly quizzes to check your understanding on the go.
Features outside the app
These features will require you to use Yorkshare in your internet browser:
- EARL reading lists
- Replay lecture captures
- Assignment uploading
- Certain types of embedded media, such as videos