Key Areas of our Work
The Programme Design and Learning Technology Team has a number of strategic projects that we lead or are heavily involved in. In addition to our pedagogically-driven advice on the use of technologies to support learning, teaching and assessment, the following are our key areas of work:
- COVID Teaching & Learning Contingencies – Preparing and delivering Dual Delivery in 2020/21.
- Digital Accessibility – How to make digital resources and sites as useable by as many as possible.
- E-Assignment – Online submission and marking of summative and formative work.
- E-Portfolios – Online platforms for the creation of digital portfolios.
- Electronic Voting Systems – Electronic Voting Systems (EVS) are a means through which a presenter can conduct an electronic poll or survey in class.
- Lecture Capture – Replay Timetabled Lecture Capture and Personal Capture using Panopto.
- Mobile Learning – Devices and apps for learning in and out of class.
- Student Project Work – The support we provide staff for organising student project work that includes video, audio, poster, digital presentation, web development or blog outputs.
- Virtual Learning Environment – Management and support of Yorkshare, the institutional virtual learning environment using Blackboard Learn.
- VLE Exam – Online tests in controlled PC Classrooms for formal examinations.
- Webinars (Collaborate) – Information concerning designing and running online seminars (“webinars”).
Key Areas of this Website
For information about how this site is structured, please read the “About This Site” section on our “About” page.