- E-Learning Support Officer
I provide end user support to staff and students for both the Blackboard and Canvas VLEs, Replay (lecture capture), Collaborate webinars and more.
Contact me for:
- First and second line support for
- First line support for
- Authoring user-supporting guides & documentation.
I graduated from York back in 2010. I joined the Programme Design and Learning Technology Team in September 2016, after having worked in IT compliance/security in the corporate sector.
- I am a Certified Member of the Association of Learning Technology (CMALT), see my CMALT portfolio here;
- 2021 UoY “Rewarding Excellence” award winner;
- European Blackboard Catalyst Awards;
- Member of the Blackboard Community Leadership Circle governance board since its inception in 2020;
- I have been co-leading the award winning Blackboard Collaborate and Mobile User Group for Europe (“MoCo“) since 2018. This role has me organising and hosting monthly MoCo meetings with academics and others that work in similar roles to myself, discussing the best practice use of these tools;
- Non-MoCo conference presentations;
- 2020 BbWorld DevCon – Collaborate Best Practices, or “How Working With The Community Is The Key To Success”
- 2021 Blackboard European Teaching & Learning Conference (with Richard Walker) – Pedagogical redesign during the pandemic: Using Collaborate to drive new modes of student engagement
- 2021 TEALfest (written content contributor only) – Dual Mode Hybrid Sessions Panel Discussion.