The E-Learning Development Team offers guidance to staff in the use of a wide variety of technologies, ranging from video capture, multimedia and lecture recording, to e-assessment tools. A common starting point for most staff in developing their e-learning provision for learners is through the use of Yorkshare, the University’s centrally supported VLE.
A summary of our supported tools is available:
- E-Learning at York [PDF]
On this site
- Guide Search – Our searchable database of guides on Yorkshare.
- Essential Workflows & Guidance Documents – Detailed workflows for specific technology-enhanced learning approaches and our guidance and policy documents.
- Training – Sign up to training sessions and workshops here
- Updates – Changes to Yorkshare, our service provision and service availability
- Learning Design & Development – Discover how Technology Enhanced Learning can support your learning and teaching practice, including case studies and evaluation methods
- Our Research – Our evaluation work, trends we identify from the sector and survey results
- Key Areas – Our leading projects and current key areas of work
About the ELDT
TEL support at the University of York is provided by the E-Learning Development Team within the Academic Support Office. We offer individuals and Departments support in the design, delivery and evaluation of learning technology interventions at the activity, module and programme level. Working from a pedagogy-first approach, drawing upon our own research and evidence from the sector, we help you to find the right tool and approach to meet your learning objectives. We provide guidance on how to use the University’s centrally-supported virtual learning environment Yorkshare, and advise on a wide range of learning technologies, including use of Google Sites for portfolios, multimedia and video, lecture recording, technology-supported assessment, in-class technologies and collaboration out of class.
- Dr Richard Walker
E-Learning Development Team Manager
email@example.com – 1138
- Wayne Britcliffe
firstname.lastname@example.org – 1141
- Andy Parkinson
VLE Application Manager
email@example.com – 1140
- James Youdale
E-Learning Adviser and Lecture Recording Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org – 1143
- Amy Eyre
E-Learning Support Officer
email@example.com – 1131