About Us – The Programme Design and Learning Technology Team (PDLT)
We, the PDLT, provide Technology-Enhanced Learning (TEL) support at the University of York.
Before September 2018 we were known as the E-Learning Development Team (the “ELDT”). To learn more about this change please visit our “Rebranding of the E-Learning Team” blog post.
We offer both individuals and departments support in the design, delivery and evaluation of learning technology interventions at the activity, module and programme level. Working from a pedagogy-first approach, drawing upon our own research and evidence from the sector, we help you to find the right tool and approach to meet your learning objectives.
We also provide guidance on how to use the University’s centrally-supported virtual learning environment Yorkshare, and advise on a wide range of other learning technologies, including: Use of Google Sites for portfolios, multimedia and video creation, lecture recording, technology-supported assessment, in-class technologies and collaboration out of class.
A summary of our supported tools is available:
- E-Learning at York [PDF] – Last Updated Q1 2018
Meet the Team
About This Site
This site is split into two main sections:
01. Our Core Materials
Areas either covering pedagogical theory, technical “how to” support or a blend of both:
- Key Areas – Our team’s leading projects and current key areas of work, such as Yorkshare VLE and Replay Lecture Capture.
- Essential Workflows & Guidance Documents – Detailed workflows for specific technology-enhanced learning approaches and our guidance and policy documents.
- The York TEL Handbook – A companion to your teaching practice, presenting pedagogical approaches designed to improve student engagement and learning and teaching.
- Our Research – Includes UoY Case Studies and Interventions. Also covers our evaluation work, trends we identify from the sector and survey results.
- Technical Help & Support – Quick reference guidance on locating support materials for our key tools.
02. Our Regular Comms and Webinars
- Blog Homepage (“stickied” posts appear at top)
- Newsletter Homepage – Monthly newsletters covering TEL developments.
- Our Webinars – Sign up for upcoming sessions or view archived recordings.