The ELDT here at the University of York support a webinar platform called Collaborate. Collaborate integrates directly with the VLE, can be used with internal and external people alike and is free to use. You can think of it as an online lecture theatre, seminar or meeting room. Use it to run webinars (“online seminars”) where everyone attends over the internet from their own location using their own device, or to run “hybrid” sessions with some attendees are physically together in a room and others join remotely.
Collaborate comes in two types, which are both available for use: Collaborate Classic (the older offering) and Collaborate Ultra (the newer).
Collaborate is a Blackboard product, just like the Yorkshare VLE. To help users discover and utilise the features of the newer Collaborate Ultra offering, Blackboard are running a series of 10, half an hour webinars across 10 days, starting on May 14th. Each of these webinars will focus on a different core feature of the platform and will actually be delivered via Collaborate Ultra – A good time to try out the tool as a participant!
Each session will run 14:00-14:30 BST.
- Monday 14 May | My Settings (Link to “My Settings” Recording)
- Tuesday 15 May | The Basics (Link to “The Basics” Recording)
- Wednesday 16 May | Participants Panel (Link to “Participants” Recording)
- Thursday 17 May | Chat (Link to “Chat” Recording)
- Friday 18 May | Session Recordings (Link to “Session Recordings” Recording)
- Monday 21 May | Share Files (Link to “Share Files” Recording)
- Tuesday 22 May | Share Your Desktop/Applications (Link to “Share Applications” Recording)
- Wednesday 23 May | Share/Use Whiteboards (Link to “Whiteboards” Recording)
- Thursday 24 May | Use Polls (Link to “Polls” Recording)
- Friday 25 May | Breakout Groups (small work areas for groups) (Link to “Breakout” Recordings)
- Register: 10 Tools in 10 Days – Collaborate Webinar Series [webinars.blackboard.com]
- You may find our Participant – “Attending a Session” One Page Guide helpful when joining the webinars.