The new York Pedagogy will be rolled out across the institution throughout 2015/16 and “digital fluency” is an expectation of all staff within the current draft of the Learning and Teaching strategy. These short briefing sessions will highlight some of the tools available to enable you to “exploit technology fully and appropriately”.
We will look at how supported Learning Technologies can be deployed to support York’s pedagogic drivers, including: supporting independent and formative work, summative assessment design and making best use of contact time.
Technologies covered in the session:
- Platforms and tools available and how to decide what to use – when is it better to use the VLE vs Google Apps or vice versa?
- Online delivery to support independent study – using Replay lecture capture, personal capture, Blackboard Collaborate for webinars and more.
- Assessment and feedback – tips and tools for electronic formative as well as summative assessment methods and delivering effective electronic feedback.
- Help and support – what you can expect from us in 2015-16.
Book your place
These sessions are open to all staff who have an input into learning and teaching at the university and who are interested to find out more about what our team can offer. We are holding one session on Heslington East and one on Heslington West so that as many people as possible can feel able to attend. Dates, times and room details can be found below:
- Monday 15th June – Heslington East, 12-1pm in LMB/044
- Thursday 25th June – Heslington West, 12-1pm in LFA/144
If you would like to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we have an idea of numbers. Tea and coffee will be available.