If you can’t make our Getting Started workshops, or you need a quick refresher when creating your Yorkshare sites, you can use our online tutorial instead.
You can now self-enrol on a tutorial site on Yorkshare that you can work through or use as a reference source for your basic VLE site development and maintenance needs. The Getting Started Tutorial covers the same basic content that our face-to-face Getting Started workshop includes using, for the most part, short narrated walk-through videos contextualised into a logical tutorial framework that you can follow.
To self-enrol on the Tutorial:
- First log-in to Yorkshare.
- Now go to this link: Self-paced Yorkshare (VLE) Getting Started Tutorial.
- Click the +Enrol button at the bottom of the left menu.
The Getting Started Tutorial includes:
- Basic ‘button-clicking’ training videos, for example on how to upload files or make your site available
- How to embed multimedia
- How to create tests and use interactive tools within Yorkshare
If you don’t want to self-enrol on the Yorkshare VLE site in order to view the core resources, our video guides are also available in the public domain on YouTube.
- Getting Started – YouTube Playlist
- Getting Started – Prezi – Overview of creating a VLE site
- Getting Started – Prezi – Creating content with the Item tool
- Getting Started – Prezi – Features for instructors
For further information on the above see our previous post on Getting Started with Yorkshare.
If you would like to attend our face-to-face workshops, please sign up to a session on the Support tab > Training page within Yorkshare.