Student perceptions of HE in the post £9K era

lifestyleSurveySome interesting findings and some that we could have anticipated in the Times Higher Ed University Lifestyle survey.

  • Most students feel positive about their investment but dissatisfaction levels showed a sharp increase (mapping onto predictions in rising expectations).
  • More students than ever (84%) are worried about their degree classification – what are the implications here for motivation to explore unassessed areas of the subject?
  • 76% would like their lectures recorded for viewing at a later date but only 6% of UG students regularly view online lectures – it would be interesting to know how many of the other 94% have the facility to do this but choose not to.

Other stats touch on areas such as motivations for going to University and influences for choosing a particular University and attitudes to lifestyle and debt levels. The report is delivered as a glossy, multimedia online presentation or you can download the PDF from a link at the top, link below to additional commentary / summary.

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/news/how-has-debt-from-higher-fees-changed-students/2011981.article

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s