ELDT have made a change to the subject line of emails generated from announcements. We have added [VLE_ANNOUNCE] to the end of the subject line. This will make it easier for you to filter and label emails sent to you by the VLE in your email client (like Google Mail). This only applies to announcements sent through the notifications system, when the Send a copy of this announcement immediately box hasn’t been checked (see below).
To filter e-mails sent by VLE announcements tool out of your inbox follow these steps;
- Within google mail, click on the Settings cog in the top right corner and then select Settings
- Click on Labels (at the top) and then Create new label (towards the bottom) give your label a name (something like VLE announcements) and click Create
- Click on Filters (at the top) and then Create new filter
- Enter [VLE_Announce] into Subject field (make sure you inlcude the sqaure brakets and check your spelling)
- Click Create filter with this search at the bottom
- Check the Skip the Inbox option
- Check the Apply the Label option and then choose the label you created in step 2 from the drop down
- Click Create Filter button
- Any e-mails received with [VLE_ANNOUNCE] in the subject line will now be filtered into your newly created label and will not appear in your inbox.
This video demonstrates how to filter announcement emails sent from the Yorkshare VLE to a label in Gmail.